News & Events
Please Do Not Visit Health Facilities if You are Ill
All it takes is one ill visitor to start an outbreak of influenza or other illnesses in a hospital or long-term care facility.
Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region (RQHR) asks the public to help protect patients in hospitals and residents in long-term care facilities from contracting pandemic H1N1 influenza, or any other illness, by following this advice:
- DO NOT VISIT friends or family in a hospital or long-term care facility if you are sick with fever, cough, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea;
- CHECK FOR VISITOR RESTRICTIONS before you visit a hospital or long-term care facility. That information is available through:
- The RQHR influenza line, toll-free, 1-888-354-8111;
- The Region's website, www.rqhealth.ca.
- WASH YOUR HANDS when visiting a hospital or long-term care facility. Use the hand sanitizing gels located at the public entrances to the building and on individual nursing units.
Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region appreciates the public's help in protecting patients and residents.