News & Events
Celebrating Kinesiology Week October 17-21
These professionals study human movement, and this week, it’s their time to shine. “It’s our passion to provide the clients of RQHR with appropriate forms of exercise for treatment and rehabilitation from injury or disability, and to promote physical activity and exercise as a way of managing or preventing chronic disease and disability,”said Shauna Diewold, an exercis therapist in the region.
Kinesiology professionals that are certified by the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology (CSEP) work within the RQHR to provide exercise therapy services within the Adult Program, Functional Rehabilitation Program, Children’s Program, Bariatric Program and Extended Care/Veteran’s Program.
- Reduce incidence of hypertension by 33 - 60%
- Reduce incidence of diabetes by 25 - 58%
- Reduce incidence of CVD by 33 - 50%
- Reduce risk of stroke by 31 - 45%
- Reduce risk of colon cancer by 30 - 60%
- Reduce mortality and risk of recurrent breast cancer by 25 - 50%
- Reduce risk of developing Alzheimers by 40%
- Decrease depression as effectively as medications or cognitive behavioural therapy