Four Directions Community Health Centre: Speech- Language Pathologist
The Speech-Language Pathologist at the Centre works with children up to the age of 5 who need help with communication. Families of these children are included in the care. Speech-Language Pathologists work as part of the multi-disciplinary team at Four Directions and accept referrals from other health care providers at the Centre or from concerned parents.
At Four Directions, the Speech-Language Pathologist offers:
- help for families with children who are late in talking or who are difficult to understand
- assessments for why these delays in speech or language are happening
- parent education and information
- literacy promotion
- daycare visits and outreach
- help for parents to connect with other services for children, in Regina
- help for families in learning how to better connect, play, and read with their children
Please ask a staff member about these services or talk directly with the Speech-Language Pathologist by calling 766–7544.