Four Directions Community Health Centre: Healthiest Babies Possible Program
The Healthiest Babies Possible Program supports at-risk pregnant women (before 34 weeks gestation) and their families up to 6 months after baby is born.
Team members in the program include community health workers, a public health nurse and a nutritionist.
- Community Health Worker support with self-care and medical follow-up
- transportation to Centre programs and medical appointments
- access to an Elder, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Nutritionist, Healer, Midwife and Addiction
- Support Worker
- childcare during programs
- milk and vitamins
- advocacy and referral for more support based on individual needs
- prenatal information and support sessions including:
- “Breast Friends Support Group” – for new or expectant moms who are interested in discussing breastfeeding ; held monthly. For more information,
- “Hands-On Cooking Circles” – as part of other programs to increase skills in preparing healthy meals and snacks
- “Mossbag /Quilting Classes” – create a mossbag or quilt, and discuss traditional cultural practices and teachings about pregnancy and
- “Prenatal Classes” - learn about pregnancy, childbirth, caring for your new baby and becoming a parent in discussions with other mothers
and staff. For the topics covered and more information, click here.
- “Women’s Speaking Circle” – a group for women to share, to listen and to be heard
celebration of program participation.
- “Breast Friends Support Group” – for new or expectant moms who are interested in discussing breastfeeding ; held monthly. For more information, click here.
Give your baby a healthy start, Healthiest Babies Possible Program is here to help.
Call or drop in to join: 766-7540.