Four Directions Community Health Centre: Addictions Services
Addictions Services programs are available for any person who is dependent on or affected by another's use of alcohol or drugs. Addictions Services is a strong advocate for those wishing to include traditional cultural care into their recovery plans. Our holistic approach to treatment and recovery follows closely with the Medicine Wheel teachings that to fully heal we need to treat the body, mind, emotions and spirit together. For those interested in following a cultural path in recovery, arrangements can be made to speak with a First Nations or Métis Elder or resources can be provided for smudging and spiritual healing practices.
At Four Directions Community Health Centre, the Addictions Services Outreach Team offers:
- "Addictions Counsellor Services”:
- free private and confidential services available through drop-in and by appointment
- counselling for those personally affected by substance abuse
- counselling for those affected by someone else’s use (such as family members or friends)
- provide addictions assessments from a variety of referral sources including self-referrals, referral from Probation, Child Protection, Income Assistance, Primary Care, SGI, and a variety of other agencies
- referrals to appropriate programs and services including Day Program, Insight Group, Discovery Group, Treatment Centre, Recovery Groups and
other community programs
- “Addictions Recovery Group”:
- a drop-in support group for anyone to talk about their recovery journey
- available one afternoon each week at Four Directions and one afternoon at the Albert Scott Community Centre
For more information, call 306-766-0200 or click here.