Travel Health Centre- About Us
The Travel Health Centre is a clinic that is part of the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region's Population and Public Health Services Department. It provides travel health and immunization services to assist travellers to stay healthy while travelling internationally. The clinic meets the standards of the Public Health Agency of Canada for the Practice of Travel Medicine.
Welcome to the Travel Health Centre
The clinic consists of a team of Travel Medicine Health Professionals:
• Registered nurses with specialized training in all aspects of Travel Health. Many have certificates from the International Society of Travel Medicine (ISTM).
• Physician with advanced training in travel medicine and traveler's health issues.
One stop shop, no referrals necessary, vaccines available on site!
- Assessment of travel health needs based on travel destination, length of stay, accommodations, activities, and present health status.
- A full range of travel and immunization services including counselling and administration of required, recommended and provincially funded immunizations. To view available vaccine list click here Vaccines and Vaccine Information Sheets.
- The clinic is a federally designated Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre.
- Assessment for risk of malaria and altitude illness, and provide prescriptions for recommended medications.
- Provide up to date country specific printed travel reports and access to travel advisories for ongoing worldwide health concerns.
- Health information and counselling through face to face discussions with a nurse and printed materials on general travel related issues, such as food and water precautions, insect precautions, traveller’s diarrhea, and specific health concerns while travelling such as pregnancy, diabetes and heart disease.
- Access to travel health products for purchase such as insect repellents, mosquito bed nets and water purification systems. To view product list click here Travel Health Products.
- Provide legal documentation of vaccinations for Hajj and Umrah travellers.
Services are provided by appointment only
- Office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. We are closed on statutory holidays. During our busy season, evening clinics are also offered.
- No referrals are necessary.
- All vaccine are available on site.
- Depending on call volume you may need to leave a message. Calls will be returned in the order they were received within one business day.
- Advice on vaccine recommendations will not be provided over the telephone.
- Book early to ensure the best protection for your health! It is recommended to contact the Travel Health Centre 6-8 weeks before your departure. However, it is never too late to benefit from travel education and vaccines.
- In most circumstances, you will receive vaccinations at your first appointment.
- Plan for at least one hour for your initial visit.
- Additonal appointments may be required.
- It is recommended that you remain at the clinic for 15 minutes following any immunization.
- When your appointment (s) are complete you will receive: an immunization record, travel card, any necessary prescriptions, itinerary-specific travel reports and a receipt (for tax purposes or for claiming reimbursement of extended health care benefits, ifapplicable).
Two hour parking and limited metered street parking is available. Please ensure that you allow enough time to locate a parking spot prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Cost of Service
Payment will be required for travel vaccines and services, as travel health services are not provincially funded.
If you have not purchased a vaccine or paid for a prescription assessment, there will be a minimum $40 fee per person.
We accept payment by cash, debit, Visa or MasterCard
What to bring to the appointment:
- Your Saskatchewan Health Services card;
- A list of your medications;
- All available immunization records, including your travel immunization booklet (if you are a previous client);
- Your detailed travel itinerary; and
- Prepare for your appointment Travel Information Package