- Performance Support plays a leadership role in enhancing partnerships that improve collaboration and communication between a wide range of stakeholders in health care decision-making, clinical practice, and research in order to promote evidence-based health care decision-making and practice; and clinically relevant joint knowledge production.
- Performance Support is also committed to facilitating processes that enhance timely communication of relevant healthcare information to the appropriate decision-makers to assist in planning and policy development in healthcare.
Performance Support Activities include:
- Championing the use of research/evidence in the prioritization, development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of health care delivery.
- Playing a leadership role in building the capacity for decision-makers to navigate through and understand various sources of research/ information.
- Supporting decision-makers in transforming management/policy issues into research questions.
- Participating as a member of the research team on research relevant to the RQHR strategic plan.
- Facilitating the development of sustained, mutually beneficial relationships between researchers and health care decision-makers through the use of knowledge brokering activities to encourage the exchange of ideas, and promote the mutual understanding of, and respect for, the needs and abilities of each group.
- Creating and sustaining knowledge linkages with a wide range of stakeholders in the health care and research communities at all levels (locally, provincially, nationally, globally) with common interests and objectives.
- Participating in the development of feedback mechanisms to sustain and maintain the exchange of information in health care decision-making /priority setting.
- Identifying and interpreting sources of internal and external benchmarking of health care quality for health region activities and facilitating the communication of these in a timely manner to assist in defining and promoting best practices.
- Assisting with performance measurement and evaluation. For example, the development, implementation and analyses of logic frameworks, outcome measures, and health indicators.