About Practitioner Staff Affairs
Home / / / About Practitioner Staff Affairs
Practitioner Staff Affairs (PSA) operates under the Physician Services portfolio of the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region (RQHR). The RQHR serves the City of Regina and surrounding rural communities. The Region's population is over 287,000 however services are provided to half a million people in the southern half of the province. The RQHR employs approximately 11,000 employees and privileges just over 700 physicians.
Practitioner Staff Affairs is, in essence, the Human Resources, Finance and Legal Department for all privileged physicians within the Health Region. It provides the following services and supports to its customers:
- Practitioner resource planning, recruitment and retention;
- Administration and interpretation of the Practitioner Staff Bylaws;
- Physician contract development and administration;
- Physician leadership and engagement;
- Research, evaluation and improvement;
- Recieves and facilitates staff concerns involving physicians;
- Physician credentialing and privileging; and
- Other administration and support.
PSA also credentials and privileges other practitioners including dentists, chiropractors, midwives, and independent nurse practitioners.