Temporary Food and Drink Concessions

Home / Primary Health Care / Environmental Health / Temporary Food and Drink Concessions

Temporary food events can range from small charity hotdog sales, to large scale food service that occurs over several days. This section will guide you through the process of determining what requirements you will need to meet, including the approval process if required.

Community & Charity Temporary Food Events

Events hosted by community organizations such as churches, schools, sports teams and other recreational clubs do not need to fill in an application or register with our office as long as food is limited to:

  • hot dogs
  • pre-cooked hamburgers and smokies;
  • pre-packaged foods; and/or
  • non potentially hazardous food

If your organization is wishing to serve foods not listed above, a Vendor Application Form found in the Vendor Package (found below) is required to be completed and submitted to our office for review and approval. Ensure this form is submitted at least 2 business days prior to the event.

Ensure to comply with the Temporary Event Guidelines for Community Groups information package (found below).

Temporary Food Events

If your event has more than one Food Vendor present, the organizer should read the Organizer Package (found below) and follow all instructions to gain approval for the event and Temporary Licensing for the Food Vendors. The organizer should fill in and submit the Organizer Application form found in the package at least 30 days in advance of the event.

All Vendors attending a temporary event must read the Vendor Package (found below) and submit all paperwork to the organizer of the event at least 14 days in advance of the event to allow time for Environmental Public Health to review applications and issue Temporary Licenses.

If you are the only Vendor attending an event please read the Vendor Package (found below) and submit all paperwork to Environmental Public Health directly at least 14 days prior to the event.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application/approval process or the requirements for Temporary Food Events please contact a Public Health Inspector at 306-766-7755 or environmentalhealth@rqhealth.ca

Note: Food Trucks and Mobile Food Carts that hold a valid Saskatchewan Health Authority Public Eating Establishment Licence do not require a Temporary Food Service Licence.

Special Events Vendor Package - Environmental Public Health

Temporary Event Guidelines For Community Groups

Food Sampling

Improving Patient Care. Learn More.

See our work. Join our journey.

Learn More