Opening or Purchasing a Restaurant or Food Business

Home / Primary Health Care / Environmental Health / Opening or Purchasing a Restaurant or Food Business

So you have decided to open or purchase a food business. Before you open your doors to the public or take over ownership there are a few things you will need to know in order to make the process run smoothly and avoid any unforeseen delays/complications. To assist you in the process read the document below that is applicable to your location.

Anyone wishing to prepare and sell food to the public must apply for a Public Eating Establishment License prior to opening. If you are opening a new Eating Establishment or taking over ownership of an existing business you will need to complete and return the Saskatchewan Health Authority Licence Applicationand attach all required documents. Please email the completed form along with all required attachments to

If you have any other questions or concerns please contact your local Public Health Inspector at 306-766-7755.

Advance Care Planning. Learn More.

Don’t take risks, plan and create an Advance Care Plan (Living Will)

Advance Care Planning