About the PAD Program
Public Access Defibrillation (PAD) is a program of the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region. The program builds partnerships with local organizations and businesses in locations that have been identified as being at high risk of having someone experience Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
The coordinator can:
- Perform a Site Assessment to determine your organizational needs;
- On site corporate presentation explaining the benefit of AEDs in your organization and the significance of the PAD program;
- Provide a AED comparison chart to use when purchasing an AED;
- Email registered organizations maintenance reminders;
- Provide AED training and re-certification information;
- Help develop an EMS Activation Plan;
- Assist with post incident data collection from device; and
- Ensure 911 Communication Centre has updated information on your AED and site to assist a rescuer in retrieving the AED during a Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
Under the direction of the PAD program's Medical Director, the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region also provides continuous quality assurance to PAD sites.
Address P.O. Box 3930
Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 3R8