Bariatric Surgical Program: Patient Roles and Responsibilities
Home / Surgical Services / Bariatric Surgical Program / Bariatric Surgical Program: Patient Roles and Responsibilities
While enrolled in the program, you are agreeing to certain roles and responsibilities:
- You must attend all appointments and group classes and be on time. Please note if you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment or class you will be re-scheduled to a later date. Please note two missed appointments or two cancellations within less than 24 hours will result in dismissal from the program.
- You must participate in ALL areas of the program and be able to demonstrate that you have made lifestyle changes and are mentally prepared for surgery. This will include completing journals (food, sleep, physical activity, etc.) and being actively involved in some form of physical activity.
- You must already have started to track your food and exercise and be actively addressing your problem eating behaviours prior to being booked for your Initial Assessment.
- You must have a current family doctor or nurse practitioner.
- You are required to be smoke free prior to starting the program (this includes vaping and marijuana). This must be maintained lifelong. Please note you will be discharged from the program if you are actively smoking.
- If you move or change your contact information please ensure you notify the clinic.