Population and Public Health Services: Travel Health Centre
Population and Public Health Services Travel Health Centre provides health services to assist travellers to stay healthy while travelling internationally. Services include information about health risks and immunization, if needed. There is a fee for this service.
- Assessment of travel health needs based on: travel destination, length of stay, accommodations, activities, present health status, etc.
- Counselling and administration of routine, required, and recommended immunizations. We have available a wide variety of vaccines and are a Health Canada certified Yellow Fever Vaccination clinic.
- Assessment of risk for malaria and altitude illness, and prescriptions for recommended medications.
- Printed travel reports that are country specific.
- Information and counselling by face to face discussions and printed materials on general travel related issues, such as food and water precautions, insect precautions, travellerís diarrhea, and specific health concerns while travelling such as pregnancy, diabetes and heart disease.
- Access to travel advisories for ongoing worldwide health concerns.
- Information about and access to travel health products for purchase such as bed netting and water purification systems.
Services are provided by Public Health Nurses qualified in travel health medicine under the direction of a Public Health Physician.
Location of the Travel Health Centre
2110 Hamilton Street
RQHR MyHealth Patient Portal
Locate Your Previous Immunization Record
Review the Travel Health Information Sheets
Recommended Travel Health Websites