Child and Youth Health
Health Programs and Services for Children and Youth
The Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region provides a variety of in-patient and outpatient services to its youngest clients. Children are cared for by an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals. All services are family centered, and service providers work with the child and his/her family.Our inpatient services, for newborns and children up to the age of 18, are located at the Regina General Hospital.
Inpatient services include:
- ear, eye, nose and throat conditions;
- general medical and surgical;
- infants, who no longer need care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, but continue to need hospital care;
- Oncology (inpatient only;
- and Trauma;
Our outpatient services provide therapy services to support the optimal development and enjoyment of life of children and youth who have physical disabilities,
developmental challenges and/or communication disorders.
- Outpatient rehabilitation is managed by the Children’s Program at the Wascana Rehab Centre.
- Specialty Outpatient clinics are operated at the Regina General Hospital.