Home / Telehealth
Telehealth is the delivery of health care and education at a distance through live, interactive video, audio and computer technology ("videoconferencing").
Telehealth enhances the ability to provide and receive patient care and education regardless of geographic location.
Telehealth provides 3 main services:1. Client Clinical Services
- Linking a client via videoconference with a health provider at a distant location (a "clinic session"). Example: Patient in Regina speaks with Genetics
Counselor in Saskatoon.
- Client case conferencing which links one health care team with another distant health care team. Example: A rehabilitation health team (which may include physical therapists, occupational therapists, nurses and dietitians) in Alberta speaks to rehabilitation team in Grenfell about a client transferring to their area.
2. Education Services
- Videoconferencing to provide or receive health education for clients, the public and health care providers.
3. Administrative Meeting Services
- Connecting health care groups for administrative meetings.