Home / SWADD
System Wide Admission & Discharge Department - Designing health care to suit you - our client
System Wide Admission & Discharge Department
Designing health care to suit you - our client
Whether you are in the hospital or using community health services, the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region wants you to have the right health care in the right place, at the right time.
In order to provide you with this seamless system of health care, details related to your individual health needs are available to your health care team through one system, known as SWADD. Once you are registered (admitted), your health care professionals work together to coordinate your personal health care plan.
A SWADD coordinator, or social worker, can assess a client's care needs, arrange for services such as home care, long-term care, or a wide range of other community services.
For a consultation appointment with a SWADD coordinator, or to make arrangements for community services, call 766-7200, or outside Regina call 1-800-667-1242, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
SWADD staff can:
- Work with you to assess your health and psychosocial needs
- Plan with you to identify the appropriate services to meet your needs
- Provide information on community resources
- Assist you to receive the community services that you require
- Help you to coordinate your health care services
- Provide counseling and support
SWADD provides a single entry point to:
- Home Care
- Adult Day Support Programs
- Convalescent Care
- Acute Care (switchboard/registration/admission)
- Palliative Care (at home/in nursing homes)
- Long Term Care (nursing homes)
- Respite Care (at home/in nursing homes)
SWADD can also help you access services such as:
- Information About Hospital Services
- Personal Care Homes
- Private Community Resources
- Mental Health and Addictions Services
- Senior Housing
- Population and Public Health Services
- Other Community Services